Updated Prayer Requests & Praises
Thank you for your desire to pray for our family. I know they make a difference. What I love is that God is eager to hear us when we humbly come to Him, believing in His Word, and knowing He will provide everything we need to live godly and God-glorifying lives! It’s my desire that as you remember us in prayer, God will build your faith and trust in Him, and that as you hear of your prayers being answered, the result will be that God will be greatly magnified in all our eyes–He is worthy of all our praise!
- several upcoming family events–for God to make His grace evident and our joy full, and that all would go smoothly and safely (travel, etc.): for my daughter Megan’s graduation from Liberty University the middle of May; for Megan’s wedding to Michael Wilson on May 26; and for Peter’s move to NJ and transfer to Ft. Dix there for his job as a finance specialist for the US Army
- my two homeschool speaking events in May–that God would minister deeply to the moms and families there, and that He would use my testimony (His story) to be a means of grace and encouragement at 1. a mother/daughter retreat on May 4 near Poughkeepsie, NY, and 2. at the ENOCH of NJ state homeschool convention, May 18-19
- my work at the Home School Foundation–that God would help me as I work on several writing and other projects, plus finish an online course with Azusa-Pacific University on resource development; that He would give me His Spirit’s power and lead me, and bless the labors of my hands…may He receive all the glory!
- ongoing health concerns in our family–for my mother-in-law Ardie’s continued stability and increased strength; for my mother Jo-Anne’s continued recovery from her surgery and no complications for either as they travel to VA for Megan’s graduation and wedding; for accurate diagnosis for John and Charity with undiagnosed symptoms (could be Lyme for John and possibly thyroid issues for Charity)
- Peter’s offer of a job at Ft. Dix in NJ, bringing him much closer to VA, so we can go ahead and get married in August
- Peter’s and my engagement!
- God’s merciful care of my mom and mom-in-law
- Susanna and Jesse finishing a year of college and Megan’s upcoming graduation–God you are so faithful!
- Grace and strength for our family: for my children to finish this school year well, and not grow weary in doing good; for two conventions back-to-back this month (FL and Alberta); for the busy work schedule at Home School Foundation, and many responsibilities I have at home; I miss Chris in some pretty significant ways!
- God to minister to the hearts of His people as I speak at the AHEA Convention in Alberta, April 14-15 (see Speaking Schedule page for more info.)
- For healing and protection for my mother, who had major surgery last month & is recovering well, and who needs knee replacement surgery in two months
- My mother-in-law, who has ongoing health issues–for no more complications and protection from any additional problems from current issues
- Strength, health and rest for my daughter Megan, who is getting ready for her upcoming marriage on May 26, while working full-time and finishing her senior year at Liberty University long-distance
- God’s leading for my daughter and son-in-law, Bethany and Ben, for possibly buying their first home
- Successful surgery and good healing for my mom from her major surgery last month
- Wonderful ministry at the last two conventions I spoke at in Montana and Maine; God is so faithful to help me in my weakness communicate His power and love!