“God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever…”
Dear praying friends,
I love reading Andree Seu’s writings. I consistently come away with some nugget of biblical truth from her spiritual journey with the Lord.
Her insights are not always easy to swallow, but like a healing medicine that tastes pretty yucky going down, it yet brings forth its intended effect–that of healing what ails me.
And so often, it is my soul that needs the healing power of the truth of God’s Word. The reflections of His word spoken through His children as they yield to and meditate on His Word only magnify that truth.
Andree Seu is ever faithful to point me once again to the greatness of God and the power of His Word, and I am praying that my faithful Father will help Chris appropriate the truth of His Word tonight and the next few days as he struggles with living in a body that is feeling the full effects of the fall.
Chris is in need of your prayers again, this time that he would be able to sleep at night. The oxygen has wired his brain so much that he feels like he could run a marathon, if only his body would cooperate!
It’s not any fun being awake most of the night when you can’t move, sit up and read, or get something to eat, or turn on the computer and get some work done, or even listen to a sermon!
He is also discouraged because he is not getting his regular exercise in a therapy pool. The one in Boone he tried using today was too warm, and so doesn’t revive him.
He was looking forward to some NC friends visiting him this evening and that didn’t work out.
He misses hugs and kisses from all of us, and the comfort his family brings. We’re thankfully going to see him Sunday to Monday, but it’s been a long two weeks.
He is especially grateful for Joseph and all his help, his cheerful attitude, and his steady demeanor, but a part of him is wishing Joseph could be doing this for him at home, where at least he could be using his therapy pool, and walk around the kitchen, and just be in familiar surroundings.
At this point, with the limited exercise Chris has been getting, he’s concerned that he won’t EVER be able to walk again or swim in the pool, even after he gets home.
We do give thanks to the Lord for so many things, but also ask for prayer for as much.
Praise for today–we thank our Father that:
1. Joseph is a steady, faithful, cheerful servant; his to-do list is long every day and he has been there for Chris through everything!
2. Chris’ scooter has been holding a charge; it still needs to be fixed, but at least in the short-term, it is working.
3. Chris is eating good food and getting fresh juice every day.
4. A few other families in the area have contacted us with offers to help get supplies, make meals or run errands for Chris and Joseph.
Prayer for today–we ask the Lord that:
1. He would be merciful and grant Chris good sleep at night; Chris said if he sleeps poorly the next couple of nights, he’s leaving Miracle Mountain early to head home. We would love to see Chris be able to finish his course of treatment through next Saturday.
2. He would help Chris with some symptoms of unexplained shaking, and a few incidences of difficulty swallowing.
3. He would make the time seem to go fast until the kids and I could see Chris on Sunday.
4. Arrangements could be made to get Chris’ scooter permanently fixed.
5. Chris would be able to keep his eyes fixed on Jesus, and that He would give him His gift of peace; that Chris wouldn’t be anxious for anything (esp. fearing that he wouldn’t be able to walk or swim again), but trust God for everything!
Andrew Seu challenges me when she writes, “When I pray, am I open to the possibility that God will not answer “yes” or “no”, but this instead, ‘You have no idea what’s going on behind the curtain of your sensate reality, so you best had make up your mind once and for all–I do love you. Will you trust Me?‘ ”
“Whom have I in heaven but Thee? And besides Thee, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever…the nearness of God is my good; I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Thy works.” ~Psalm 73:25-26, 28
With gratefulness for your continued intercession before the throne,
Tracy, for Chris and the Klickaclan